Pregnancy or prenatal massage helps to reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and improve labor outcomes and newborn health.
Always talk to your doctor before you have a pregnancy massage, especially if:
- you are in the first trimester
- you have nausea, vomiting, or morning sickness
- you are at high risk of miscarriage
- you have a high-risk pregnancy (such as due to preeclampsia or high blood pressure)
- you have a blood clot, for example deep vein thrombosis
- you have abdominal pain or bleeding.